Friday 13 July 2012


Rock journalism is people who can’t write interviewing people who can’t talk for people who can’t read” (Frank Zappa) – Comment

I think it would be a big headline for several days through twitter or other types of SNS if he still lives in the world. I am just wondering why he said it like that. Did he want to blame media? Or express freedom of rock music?

To simplify this topic, does he mean journalists cannot write, interviewees cannot talk, and subscribers cannot read? It sounds neither eloquent nor poetic to me; at all. I think the statement is blasphemy against media and the public. Journalists have a right to know and a duty to let people know. There are still many talented rock musicians to interview. It does not have to be him.

In my understanding of this statement, it does not make sense at all. It is not for rock music, it's for the fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment